Tis the season for pumpkin! Everything is pumpkin in the fall and I LOVE it! Pumpkin is something you either love or hate and I am in the category of loving everything pumpkin and loving everything fall. Now is a great time to try out some new pumpkin recipes.
This Pumpkin Honey Doughnut recipe is best when eaten fresh and warm. These are a delicious dessert or a special treat for breakfast. Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The puree is high in nutrition so you won’t feel as guilty eating these doughnuts as you would traditional doughnuts.Print
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- Stir together yeast, flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl.
- Add in water, pumpkin puree, egg until smooth and thick.
- Cover with plastic and allow to rest for around 45 minutes.
- Over medium heat, combine honey, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon until boils.
- Remove from heat.
- In about an inch of oil, heat in a large pan. Drop batter in batches by the tablespoonful into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drizzle honey syrup over the doughnuts and toss to coat.