Every time I go to a birthday party, pot-luck or family get-together where multiple people bring dishes to share, there’s one dish I always see: pasta salad. Now I’m certainly not knocking pasta salad–it’s good and all–but it usually doesn’t take too many get-togethers until you are ready for a little more variety. That’s why I love this Broccoli and Apple Walnut Salad. You don’t see it all that often, and you should!
Of all the recipes I’ve tried, this recipe for broccoli salad is my favorite for several reasons. First of all, it is incredibly easy to make. Other than toasting the walnuts, all you have to do is chop, measure and stir! This recipe for broccoli salad is so easy, even my kids can help me make it, and they love to. It doesn’t take a lot of time, and you can prepare it in advance and refrigerate it until you are ready. Talk about convenient!
Plus, I love that this Broccoli and Apple Walnut Salad is way healthier than the traditional store-bought pasta salad that most people pick up, and yet it doesn’t lose any of its yummy taste. This broccoli salad has tons of great, healthy ingredients including: broccoli, carrot, apple, onion, walnuts and raisins, but it definitely doesn’t taste like “health food.”
The next time you are headed to a get-together and you need to figure out what to bring, don’t buy the same old pasta salad everyone else is bringing. Instead, make this yummy and healthy Broccoli and Apple Walnut Salad for a sweet and crunchy dish your friends and family will not be able to get enough of!Print
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- For Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Toast walnuts over medium/high heat about 5 minutes. Coarsely chop walnuts
- Combine broccoli, carrot, apple, onion, walnut, and raisins.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, sea salt, and pepper until mixed well.
- Mix dressing with the salad and serve immediately.