Oh I used to love the Southwestern Chicken egg rolls from a chain restaurant until I turned vegetarian. Now, I have to stick to the kind I can make at home! These Southwestern egg rolls (meatless) are not only delicious but they are healthy too as you bake them instead of frying. The delicious creamy avocado sauce is optional but it ’tis delicious too!
Here’s what you will need:
Combine all the ingredients except the egg roll wraps in a large bowl:
You will need a large bowl!
Wrap per directions on the egg roller package. I got better the more I created.
Place on baking sheet and bake!Print
Southwestern Egg Rolls
For Egg Rolls
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 15 ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- 9 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 ounce diced green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s Fiesta Citrus spice
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, minced
For egg rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except the egg roll wrappers together in a large bowl.
- Scoop around 2-3 tablespoons in the wrappers.
- Wrap per instructions on package.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Brush each egg roll with olive oil.
- Cook for 15 minutes until golden brown. Flip once during the middle.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce until thoroughly mixed.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.