This is sponsored content as part of a Skittles® and Dollar General sponsored series for SocialStars™. All opinions are my own.
Marvel Captain America – which side will you choose? Sweet or sour? We’ve put together this fun recipe pitting Original Skittles® candy against Skittles® Sour candy with our Sweet and/or Sour Marshmallow Skittles® Popcorn, which is perfect for movie night. Which side will you choose?
Popcorn is a must have in our household. If you haven’t tried Marshmallow popcorn, you are missing out and when you add the sweet or sour flavors of Skittles® candy, it will blow your taste buds.
Right now when you buy 5 participating Wrigley products, you will get $10 Fandango movie credit to see Captain American: Civil War. This is a great promotion. Dollar General also has this great Dollar General Digital coupon – Buy One Get One Free from 5/5/2016 – 5/19/2016. Head over to Dollar General today to pick up your Skittles® candy today!
Original Skittles® candy has always been one of my favorite non-chocolate candies. Juicy and full of flavor, I usually eat several different candies at once even though each individual color has it’s own distinct flavor. My teenagers love all things sour as I did when a teen so they prefer Skittles® Sour candy. Do you eat by the handful or do you have a favorite flavor? Do you mix your sweet & sour?
- 1 package popped Microwave Popcorn or ⅓ cup regular Popcorn, popped
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Original Skittles®
- 1/4 cup Sour Skittles®
- Cook popcorn per directions.
- Remove any unpopped kernels
- Melt butter in pan over low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Add marshmallow and stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour over popcorn and stir or toss to coat popcorn.
- Add Skittles® and stir until combined.