I love pampering myself, but trips to the spa are just too expensive for my tastes. That’s why I love spa ideas I can make at home. I still get the beauty benefits and the relaxation, but I don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get them. Plus, I can enjoy all of the pampering on my time schedule from the peace of my own home. That’s a definite win in my book.
One new spa product I tried lately that I love is this Peppermint Sugar Scrub. Sugar scrubs are a great way to rejuvenate your skin and clear out your pores. Plus, the smell is delicious! So I was very excited to try it. (It has to be delicious with the coconut oil and peppermint essential oils!)
This Peppermint Sugar Scrub did not disappoint. I had a great time giving my body gentle scrub, and the scrub itself looks super cute and smells amazing. This is one product I could use again and again!
One other thing I love about this Peppermint Sugar Scrub is the fact that it looks like it would make a great Christmas gift. The colors and the smell are very festive, and what woman wouldn’t love a product that is going to help her look her best? It’s very frugal, very practical and very thoughtful. You could even make up several jars in advance and be done with your Christmas shopping early this year.
I’ve tried a few different sugar scrubs now, and this one is one of my favorites. I don’t know if it’s the smell or how good it makes my skin feel, but this is definitely a product I could use again and again.
There are a couple of ingredients you may want to purchase online for better deals! Coconut oil is usually less expensive if you buy online. You can also buy the Essential Oils through Amazon or order from my Young Living Essential Oils page. I personally only use Young Living Essential Oils and you can read more about why over at this post on How to Get Started with Essential Oils.
- 2 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- Red Food Coloring
- Peppermint Essentials Oil (found near Candle Making Supplies at Hobby Lobby or Online)
- Pour sugar into medium sized bowl.
- Mix in coconut oil (add more if you like a wet consistency).
- Add a few drops of your Peppermint Essentials Oil.
- Divide your sugar mixture into two equal sized portions.
- Mix in a few drops of red food coloring to one portion (be careful not to add to much or you will have a bright red).
- Add your sugars to the jar in layers. Press your Sugar down with a spoon or I use a can to compact.
- Alternate between your pink and white layers
- Add a Label to the front and maybe a ribbon to gift.
Find more holiday gifts in a jar ideas!
Did you enjoy this post? Find more money saving tips here.
Are you ready to purchase some of these awesome oils! You can purchase high quality Young Living Essential Oils (my favorite brand!) over here or you can read about how to get a wholesale discount and the potential to earn FREE essential oils. Read all my past posts on how I use Essential Oils.