I purchased some sale chicken breasts a couple of weeks ago. I love those $1.99/lb deals! We were able to use it for several meals. The first night, I put it in the crockpot and served with barbecue sauce and a couple of side dishes. This was a success with my super picky bunch. Then I decided to use the leftover chicken for a casserole using some items we already had in the pantry.
I tried something new and I wasn’t sure it would work since I created it on the fly. I used my classic chicken casserole recipe for the basis of the recipe but my Italian bread crumbs seemed to spice it up perfect! All of my ingredients except the chicken came from my new favorite shopping spot – ALDI.
After cooking, I went on a walk. Since I don’t eat chicken, I had eaten my dinner earlier in the evening. On my walk I received a text message from my husband “The dinner you cooked is awesome.” My reply, “Sarcasm?” He did use the word “awesome,” which is unheard of when it comes to my cooking! No sarcasm, he really did like it! Usually when I make up recipes on the fly, they don’t go over so well in the household. The only other meat eater who was in the house that night also had a small plate and he liked it too. This is rave reviews in my household folks!
It was super simple and great “Left Over” Makeover recipe, which is something that I discuss in my new Savings Nation Savings Workshops. In these workshops, we discuss more than just realistic couponing – we cover other money saving strategies such as meal planning and other strategic grocery store tips. I have a upcoming class next week in Kokomo, IN and you can save when you use the coupon code I’ve posted about on the Kokomo Coupon Workshop post.
- 3-4 cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- chicken broth leftover from cooking the chicken breasts
- (2) cans cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1¼ cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs, divided
- Cook the chicken until done. I used the crockpot to cook while I was at work.
- Combine the diced or shredded chicken along with your cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and ¼ cup of the Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- Top with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Cook on 375 degrees until bubbly, which is about 30-35 minutes.
If you are not local to me and can’t make any of my upcoming coupon workshop, consider attending one of the Savings Nation workshops close to you. All the presenters are fabulous and personally known to be and I know you will have a blast while learning!
- June 13 — Naperville, IL
- June 14 — Glendale, AZ
- June 14 — Greenvile, SC
- June 14 — Montgomery, TX
- June 14 — Fruitport, MI
- June 18 — Charlotte, NC
- June 18 — Austin, TX
- June 19 — Kokomo, IN
- June 19 — Jacksonville, FL
- June 21 — Cleveland, OH
- June 21 — St. Cloud, MN
- June 23 — Elwood, IN
- June 23 — Denver, CO
- June 24 — Kyle, TX
- June 27 — Metro Detroit, MI
- June 28 — Allen (Dallas), TX
- June 28 — Allen (Dallas), TX
- June 28 — Jacksonville, FL
- June 30 — Phoenix, AZ
- June 30 — Colorado Springs, CO
- June 10 — Canton, OH