After our fresh blueberry picking experience, we had quite a few blueberries to make use of. I set about looking for a muffin recipe that I could make with the ingredients we had on hand. I found this one from Taste of Home that I was able to adapt to the ingredients we had at home.
Yogurt in muffins? It seemed to give them a little creamier taste without adding all the butter!
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- (2) 4 oz containers Dannon Vanilla Activia Yogurt or ½ cup any brand vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil, canola or vegetable
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, yogurt, oil, and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the "wet" ingredients bowl.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes.