As you may know, I’m a vegetarian. However, the rest of the family likes to eat meat. Therefore, I’m sometimes required to feed them and cook meat. Since we have a freezer full of meat that we purchased awhile back from a local farmer, I’m always trying to find things that the family will enjoy especially since we are almost out of their favorite and the easier cuts of meat to cook. This was a simple oven baked pork chop recipe that I’m told had a wonderful flavor.
Normally we cook pork chops on the grill but since it was too cold for me to grill outside, I decided to give the oven a try! First, you will put together the spices for the Cajun Seasoning. You will have extra seasoning, so keep those in a air tight container to use for another batch.
Then heat up your oven to 350 degrees and bake on each side for around 10-15 minutes each. Use a meat thermometer to ensure your pork chop is thoroughly cooked.Print
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all seasoning together.
- Sprinkle seasoning on each side of your pork chop.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes per side or until cooked thoroughly.