It is easy to make this Cracker Barrel favorite at home. Try making this Fried Apples copycat recipe to save time and money!
My kids love the fried apples from Cracker Barrel and Chili’s. After our trip to the apple orchard, I decided to try to make this recipe. I used my handy dandy peeler/corer/slicer combo, which is absolutely fantastic for taking care of your apples.
Melt butter in a pan.
Spread apples evenly over the skillet.
Then sprinkle the lemon juice, brown sugar, and salt.
Cover and cook over low for around 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
This was a huge hit!Print
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (I used Golden Delicious)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Spread apples evenly over skillet.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, brown sugar, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low heat until apples are tender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.