My kids are loving this Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats Recipe, which can be adapted for about any holiday! It’s super easy to make and you can get all the ingredients you need at ALDI for less! Right now, ALDI has the Spring Sprinkles out with little eggs, flowers, and ducks in spring time colors, which makes it super fun!
Gather your ingredients. If you are a blogger, you arrange them in such a way that photography is possible! :)
Melt your butter in a large pan over low heat.
When butter is completed melted, added your mini-marshmallows.
Cook over low heat until melted. Then add in cake mix.
Remove from heat. Mix in crispy rice cereal.
Add in sprinkles.
Press into greased pan. Use any size desired depending on how thick you want your treats. I use parchment paper to press down as it doesn’t stick.
Let cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting.
Something about adding in the cake mix gives these treats something extra. The kids say they are the best.Print
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounce bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix (unprepared)
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- sprinkles as desired
- Melt butter in large pan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows.
- Stir until melted and then add in the cake mix a little at a time until complete combined.
- Stir in cereal until completely coated.
- Add in sprinkles.
- Press into greased baking dish of your desired size with parchment paper.
- Top with additional sprinkles.
- Let sit 20-30 minutes before cutting.
A gift certificate was provided for ALDI for me to gather these materials. Rest assured, this Post was written by me and was not edited by the sponsor. Read more on my Disclosure Policy.