This is a recipe request from my husband who found a similar recipe online. I’ve cooked this numerous times over the past year and I’ve been told it is much more flavorful when cooked in a heavy pot instead of in the slow cooker. You can adjust the vegetables depending on what you have on hand. Also, this recipe is very freezer friendly and when I make a big batch, I put the leftovers in freezer friendly containers so we can unfreeze at anytime.
We leave the onion out as in most of our recipes but you can add a cup of chopped onion when you are cooking the peppers!Print
Ground Beef Hobo Stew
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup of peppers (green, orange, yellow, red – whatever!)
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 34.5 ounce tomato juice
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and celery. Cook until softened. Add garlic and ground beef and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef stock, juice, and tomatoes. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, corn, and green beans.
- Add worecestershire, hot sauce, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Simmer over medium to medium-low heat for around 2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.
juicer reviews 2014
I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your
blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or
2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?