Alright, all you bakers out there. Today’s recipe is one that is sure to impress and delight! This recipe isn’t just something you throw together on a weeknight when you want something sweet but don’t have much time. This is one dessert that takes a little bit of time, but is well worth the effort.
That’s right, I’m sharing an awesome Homemade Chocolate Eclair recipe you are sure to love!
While I love quick and easy desserts as much as the next person, there are just times when you simply need something sweet, decadent and satisfying and only the best of the best will do. This Homemade Chocolate Eclair recipe is that recipe. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or anniversary, throwing a going away party, PMSing or going through a bad break-up, if you need a serious dessert packed with rich flavor, this is the dessert for you.
The good news is, most of the ingredients in this Homemade Chocolate Eclair recipe are ones that you likely already have on hand, so even if you are looking to make something on the spur of the moment (like if you’re having a bad day), you probably have everything you need on hand, especially if you bake frequently. If you don’t, however, run to the store. This recipe is worth it!
Between the flaky outer layer, the smooth and creamy filling and the sweet chocolate topping, this is one yummy dessert recipe you simply have to try for yourself. Set aside some time this weekend to make it. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did!Print
Homemade Chocolate Eclairs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 cup Milk
- 3 egg Yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Shortening
- Beat egg yolks and set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan.
- Slowly add milk while whisking. Then add egg yolks while whisking.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat while whisking constantly.
- Cook until mixture reached the consistency of pudding.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter to pan, whicking until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into custard mixxture. and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine butter, water and salt in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Add flour to the pan and stir until it forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Transfer pastry dough to piping bag.
- Pipe elongated strips of dough onto prepared sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer pastry cream to a piping bag.
- Cut pastries halfway through the center with a knife and pipe in the cream.
- Melt chocolate by heating chocolate chips and shortening in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Place in a shallow flat dish.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.
Trisha @ Home Sweet Homemade
Looks awesome! Pinned! Visiting via Merry Monday link party!