Thanks to my mother in law, Karen, for helping us with this delicious potato soup recipe! My husband hates onions so we add carrots and celery so it isn’t just potatoes floating in milk! :) This is a household favorite.Print
- 8–10 potatoes, cut, boiled, and drained
- 1–2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 5–6 baby carrots, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- skim milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion powder in your slow cooker.
- Add milk until the potatoes are completely covered. Then add a bit more more milk.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Add sharp cheddar cheese.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Meatless Mondays is a weekly feature which will showcase some of my hits and probably misses with living a meatless life. Many of you know I stopped eating meat about a year ago for personal reasons. While, I haven’t had any desire to go back to eating meat, it has been a struggle to find healthy foods to eat.
Everywhere you go, meat is the main dish. Since I was new to this lifestyle, it led me to eating unhealthy options. I’m on a path now to cook healthier options at home without meat. While going meatless is a personal choice for me, you can still save money by having one meatless meal a week.
Will you join me on this journey by preparing one meatless dish every week?
If you have any questions about the vegetarian lifestyle, you can read more about it at GoVeg.com.