With fresh, juicy apples and crescent rolls that are the perfect combination of crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, these crescent roll apple dumplings provide an incredible flavor and texture. Plus, you won’t believe how easy these dumplings are to make. They may look and taste like they take all day to prepare, but the recipe is actually quite simple and easy–even if you aren’t much of a cook.
The first thing you will want to do is grab your children. This easy apple dumplings recipe has plenty of steps that your kids can help with and baking is always more fun when you share it with someone else. If your children are little, cut the apples yourself, but let them roll them up and place them in the baking dish. You can even let them pour the sauce mixture over the top if they are old enough. You’ll probably want to do the oven and stove steps though.
Whether you take your family apple picking this fall or you simple stock up on apples while they are on sale at the grocery store, you will undoubtedly want to have a few great apple recipes up your sleeve. These Mountain Dew Dumplings, with their crunchy outside and soft and gooey inside, are the perfect choice. Make some today!
- 2 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup Butter
- 1½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1½ cup Mountain Dew
- 2 Apples
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each into 8 wedges
- Roll each apple piece in a crescent roll and place in prepared dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- cook on low until thickened.
- Pour over dumplings.
- Carefully, pour the soda into the middle and sides of a pan, avoiding pourin onto rolls.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.