What’s better than waking up on a beautiful Saturday morning in the fall? Waking up to Pumpkin French Toast on a beautiful Saturday morning in the fall! Even if you aren’t a morning person, you will be after you try one bite of this easy French toast recipe. Start your day off with a rich and filling breakfast that will leave your entire house smelling amazing.
This Pumpkin French Toast isn’t your average, boring old French toast (not that there’s anything wrong with that). No, this Easy French Toast recipe take the standard French toast to a whole new level. With ingredients including pumpkin puree, brown sugar and vanilla, you’ll want to make a big batch. This is one breakfast that is sure to go fast!
Having trouble getting your children to join you around the table? You might be surprised what this easy French Toast recipe can do. From getting your toddler to sit still and actually eat something to getting your teenager to join you at the table and chat about school for a little bit, the possibilities are endless if you play your cards right (and if your kids love pumpkin recipes).
This weekend, why not take a break from the same old cold cereal and milk for breakfast and try something a little more hearty, satisfying and delicious? Of all of the pumpkin recipes I’ve tried, this Pumpkin French Toast recipe is one I can’t recommend enough. Hopefully you’ll agree.
- 12 slices Thick Sliced White Bread (Texas Toast)
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¾ cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 tbsp Butter (for skillet)
- Mix together eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin spice until blended.
- Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place a small pat of butter in skillet.
- When butter melts, dip a piece of bread in egg mixture allowing mixture to absorb for a couple of seconds.
- Flip over and dip other side.
- Cook in skillet until bottom is browned.
- Add butter and flip to cook other side until browned.
- Dust with powdered sugar or serve with whipped butter and syrup.