I don’t know about you, but I love a nice, cool glass of lemonade on a hot summer’s day. So sweet, so refreshing… it’s the perfect way to cool down and enjoy the day. Recently, however, I found a new recipe for lemonade that takes this class summertime drink to a whole new level–Watermelon Lemonade!
After countless times of eating watermelon and drinking lemonade, I have no idea how I didn’t put the two together into one summer drink recipe before now, but I’m so glad I finally did. And this recipe for lemonade provides the perfect combination.
Not only is this summer drink recipe incredibly yummy and quenching, but it is also fairly healthy for you too. Sure, you’ll find a little sugar, but you aren’t going to find all of the other questionable chemicals you would see if you bought your lemonade in a jar, container or can. Plus, it’s fun to make.
We’ve made this yummy Watermelon Lemonade a few times now, and my kids absolutely love it. I know you will too. Try it today!
- 4 cup cubed Seedless Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve.
- Allow to cool.
- Place watermelon, sugar syrup and lemon juice in blender. RUn until completely liquified.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup water and run to mix.
- Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with watermelon or lemon slices.