This is a great recipe to use up about any cheese you have in your refrigerator. I used the cheeses we had in our refrigerator for this slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe and it worked up really nice with a mixture of Sharp Cheddar, Colby Jack, and Smoked Swiss. Add in a little butter and milk and you have a easy and delicious dinner!
For easy clean-up, use a slow cooker liner. You may want to spray this with non-cook spray so your cheese doesn’t stick to the liner. This seriously saves so much time. I was resistant to them at first because of the price but the time I save not scrubbing down the slow cooker pan is totally worth it. Amazon has a variety of slow cooker liners for sale.
Cook your macaroni. Layer one is half of the cooked macaroni.
Layer half of the shredded Colby Jack cheese on top of the macaroni.
Layer half of the Sharp Cheddar cheese.
Layer half of the Smoked Swiss Cheese.
Repeat layers. Top with butter. Pour milk over.
Cook on slow for around 2.5 hours. You can then mix it all together! Cheesy delicious!
Need a new slow cooker? Find a great deal on a slow cooker over at Amazon.com.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni, cooked per directions
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Approximately 8-10 slices Smoked Swiss (approximately 1.5 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- Layer half of the cooked macaroni in slow cooker.
- Add ½ Colby Jack cheese.
- Layer ½ Sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Layer Smoked Swiss cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with pats of butter.
- Cover with milk.
- Cook on low for 2-2.5 hours until cheese is creamy and delicious.