A couple of weeks ago we went picked fresh Michigan blueberries. I was able to squeeze in a little time for a couple of recipes before I froze over 15 pounds. Freezing blueberries is so simple because you can just freeze in a air tight container like plastic freezer bags or freezer containers. I used a little bit of both and froze in half cup portions to two cup portions.
When we came home from our trip to Michigan, we had a couple of bananas that were super ripe so I thought it was possible we could use these bananas with the blueberries in a recipe. This recipe was delicious and used ingredients we had on hand, which is also nice especially when coming home from a vacation.Print
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberrires fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, mashed banana, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry mixture with the wet mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake for around 50 minutes in a loaf pan.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.
Smart Money Manager
Your blueberry banana bread looks very yummy!
Might try this recipe this coming weekend. Thanks so much for sharing.