A couple of weeks ago we went picked fresh Michigan blueberries. I was able to squeeze in a little time for a couple of recipes before I froze over 15 pounds. Freezing blueberries is so simple because you can just freeze in a air tight container like plastic freezer bags or freezer containers. I used a little bit of both and froze in half cup portions to two cup portions.
When we came home from our trip to Michigan, we had a couple of bananas that were super ripe so I thought it was possible we could use these bananas with the blueberries in a recipe. This recipe was delicious and used ingredients we had on hand, which is also nice especially when coming home from a vacation.Print
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberrires fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, mashed banana, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry mixture with the wet mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake for around 50 minutes in a loaf pan.