Last week at the Farmer’s Market, I purchased a butternut squash. Then the question was, what to do with it. I found this delicious recipe on Simple Bites that I adapted to our family’s tastes and what we had on hand.
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons mayo (I used Kraft's Olive Oil Mayo)
- ⅔ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Italian bread crumbs
- Bring squash to boil in a medium size pot. Simmer and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until soft.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Combine egg, salt, and mayo. Add ⅓ cup of cheddar cheese and squash to mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 (or similar) baking dish with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees.