Today on Get Fit Friday is an appointment with the Goal Doctor (Check-Up). We’ll review your previous goals, tweak them, and create some new ones. If you didn’t have goals before, now is a great time to start making them! With the holidays, spring break, and summer vacation all on our upcoming agendas, October is a great time to revisit your fitness goals and make plans to get well!
Now, start a comment on this post! Type three fitness-related goals.
- To run or walk for a total of 2.5 hours each week.
- To reduce my daily caloric intake by 500 kcals per day (= 1 or 2 regular sodas)
- To add crunches, stretching, and other at-home exercises at least 3 days per week
Your goals should be measurable and detailed including any dates or numbers needed. Then, take those 3 goals and type in 3 objectives for each goal which will lead you toward attaining each goal. Objectives are specific steps you will take to achieve your goals.
GOAL #1: To run or walk for a total of 2.5 hours each week.
- Run/Walk 30 minutes daily M-F, take Saturdays & Sundays off
- Make time by Sunday of each week – record on my calendar with stickers
- Schedule running or walking time daily on my agenda (flexible, but must be done each day)
GOAL #2: To reduce my daily caloric intake by 500 kcals per day (= 1 or 2 regular sodas)
- Track my caloric intake for 1 week
- Limit sodas to one or less per day
- Limit portions and don’t take second helpings + take my lunch to work
GOAL #3 To add crunches, stretching, and other at-home exercises at least 3 days per week
- After running on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays I’ll stretch & add other exercises unless I have class/practice instead
- Do 9-minute abs on Wednesdays and use the trampoline on other days
- Gradually increase workouts but don’t overdo it on any certain day- there’s always tomorrow!
- Goal #1: New Headphones & New Music; Add my times to our school Wellness Program, ‘Got Time’!
- Goal #2: New Shoes; Feel Better!
- Goal #3: New Jeans; Look & feel better for basketball season
You might be interested in this Amazon Kindle deal, Reach Your Weight Loss Goals: How to lose weight and keep it off. It’s free to borrow for Amazon Prime Members and $2.99 for non-members.