These Boiled Egg Snowmen are adorable as well as healthy. These make a fantastic healthy snack for your winter and holiday parties. These cute little winter snacks will also be a impressive show of your creativity.
It is not difficult to boil an egg perfectly every time. You will need 12 hard boiled eggs to make 6 of these boiled egg snowmen. To make a perfect hard boiled egg, place your eggs in a pan and cover the with cold water. Bring to a boil and then place a lid on your pan as you turn off the heat. You will then let them stand for about 15 minutes. Cool your eggs in a bowl of cold water until they are no longer hot when you touch them. Then peel when you are ready to decorate.
- 6 Boiled Jumbo Eggs
- 6 Boiled Medium Eggs
- 2 Carrots
- Pretzel Sticks
- Green onion stems
- Slice off a small section from top and bottom of each egg to allow them to stand and stack neatly.
- If you are going to serve soon, you can use pretzel sticks to join each piece and they will be completely edible. If they need to sit for a while, the prezels will become to soggy, so you will have to use wooden skewers.
- Even if you are using pretzels, you will need to pierce the egg and carrot before pushing pretzels through.
- Push a pretzel stick down into large egg to make body and place smaller egg on top.
- Peel carrots.
- Slice the thick end of carrot into six 1/8″ slices to use as hat brims.
- Slice middle of carrot (or smaller carrot) into six 3/4-1″ slices for top of hat.
- Use skewer to “pre-drill” hole in carrots to allow pretzel to connect them with remainder of stick extendeding below brim.
- Push assembled hat down onto head.
- Take the small end of a carrot (about 1/2″) and cut lenghtwise into six sections to use as noses.
- Using a toothpick, pierce “face” egg in the middle and insert the nose.
- Pierce for the two eyes and four spots to make a mouth and press in peppercorns.
- Pierce the “body” egg three spots to make buttons and press in peppercorns.
- Break a pretzel in half and insert a piece in each side of the body to make arms.
- You can optionally use green onion stems to make a hat band and scarf.
- Split the green tube and open it up.
- Gently scrape the blade along the inside of the opened stem to remove stiffness.
- Trim the softened piece to make scarf or hatband and wrap in place.