Whenever we dine at Olive Garden, my spouse always gets the Pasta E Fagioli soup. I wondered if I could make this soup at home? Yep, I can! I also made it so that even a vegetarian could eat it. This means vegetable stock instead of beef stock and cooking ground beef on the side for the meat eaters to add into their soup.
This soup turned out wonderfully and it was nice to come home to meal cooked in the slow cooker!Print
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 – 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained
- 30 ounces vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 20 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounce pasta (I used penne because it’s what we had on hand but I would suggest using a smaller pasta)
- 1 – 2 lbs ground beef (optional)
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Add pasta during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan.