These delicious sugar cookies can be customized for any holiday or event to match your theme! Plus, it is a fun, inexpensive family activity to make these cookies. Both girls helped me with these, though, the oldest did not want to be photographed! (Apparently, her hair and make-up were not done – ha!)
I’m guessing you have most of these ingredients around the house. You can use any amount of JELL-O gelatin packages that you wish! We used several different brands and colors that we had in the pantry as part of the pantry challenge. I will say the Baker’s CorNER orange, which is a ALDI brand was my favorite cookie flavor!
Just for fun, she insisted on being in the photograph as you can kind of tell from the above picture and definitely from the below picture!
I used my KitchenAid stand mixer, which I absolutely love to mix the butter, egg, vanilla, and sugar together until creamy. Mix together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. She LOVES to help!
Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamy mixture.
Split into the amount of sections of packets/colors you wish to use. After your child washes their hands thoroughly, they can help add the gelatin to each section. Approximately 8 tablespoons total. If you have four sections, you use 2 tablespoons for each section, etc.
Knead it real good.
Shape into 1″ balls and roll around in the excess gelatin.
Place on baking sheet. Parchment paper is your friend for easy and quick clean up.
Flatten with something. I used my Pampered Chef Spatula.
Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes. Cool. Enjoy!Print
These are a fun family activity! Add a few drops of food coloring if you want to make your cookies brighter!
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powed
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–4 packages of JELL-O in your favorite flavors
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat butter. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
- Mix flour and baking powder in another bowl.
- Add flour slowly into the butter mixture.
- Divide dough into four parts or however many packages of JELL-O desired.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of gelatin into each part.
- This is the fun part for kids! Knead the dough until gelatin is thoroughly mixed.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls.
- Roll in extra gelatin from the packets. You will not use all of the gelatin packets so that’s why you may only want to use 1-2 flavors instead of 4.
- Flatten dough balls with spatula.
- Bake 7-10 minutes on baking sheet.