Oh my, this pumpkin spice brown butter frosting is delicious enough to just eat on its own. Not that I would know or anything! ;) It is fantastic. It is the perfect complement to Pumpkin Spice Muffins, cookies, or anything else that may require frosting. Oh, Pumpkin Spice Brown Butter Frosting, how I love you!
You don’t have to have a stand mixer for this recipe but having a nice mixer like my KitchenAid Stand Mixer makes this recipe much easier to make.Print
- 3 sticks of butter, unsalted, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 lb powered sugar + 2 cups
- Melt two sticks of butter in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Cook until brown is slightly brown with a nutty smell.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer, beat together remaining butter,until creamy. Add in brown butter. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until thick and creamy.