Have you ever felt like someone was watching you? Well when you whip up this Creepy Monster Eye candle holder, you definitely will! This unusual candle holder can be made using just a few supplies found at your local dollar store, and the final product is surely something people will do a double take for. Take a peek below at how to make your own Monster Eye Candle Holder and get your house ready for Halloween for less.
Creepy Monster Eye Candle Holder
- Glass votive holder
- Battery operated votive
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Package of googly eyes
As we mentioned before, you should be able to find all of the above supplies at Dollar Tree. Just pay a visit to your crafting aisle and you should be all set.
- Lay all of your googly eyes out on a flat surface so they will be easy for you to grab for use.
- Apply a generous dab of glue to the glass candle holder and place a googly eye of your choice on it.
- Press the googly eye firmly until you know it has adhered well.
- Repeat the process, gluing on various googly eyes in a random or purposeful pattern. Be sure you are pressing each firmly so it stays intact.
- Cover the entire votive holder with creepy googly eyes until you are pleased with the look.
- Place a battery operated votive inside and you are ready for it to be displayed.
Please note: It is advised that you only use battery operated votives in this piece, as I am not sure how the googly eyes will stand up to heat. Also, heat may cause the glue to soften and your eyes may slip off. Be safe and opt for a battery operated one instead.
Place this Monster Eye Candle Holder anywhere you desire a haunting Halloween glow! It is sure to turn heads and add some real fun and fright to your holiday décor!
Head to your local Dollar Tree and dig up your own supplies to make this easy DIY project. Enlist the kids to help you and enjoy a frightfully good time!
View our past DIY Halloween Craft posts.
Did you enjoy this post? Find more money saving tips here.