These healthy homemade chicken nuggets are not only easy to make but they are much better for you than any store bought nugget. Your kids will love the delicious tender chicken nuggets and you will love that you were able to make something healthy that they love.
Have you ever looked at the ingredient list on a package of frozen chicken nuggets? There are too many ingredients! We keep it simple in this recipe with panko, parmesan, salt, oil, and flour. For the optional Asian Chili Garlic Sauce, you will need ketchup and chili garlic sauce.
If you are wondering where to find panko crumbs, you can usually find these in same area you find other bread crumbs at the grocery store. I have also noticed these at ALDI recently.
Healthy homemade chicken nuggets that are easy to make and much healthier than store bought. Everyone will love the parmesan panko crust. Try these for yourself!Print
Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into nugget size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 beaten Eggs
- Cooking spray
- Asian Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce (like Huy Fong)
- Mix sauce ingredients and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine panko, parmesan, salt and oil in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Put flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes.
- Place wire rack on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray to help avoid sticking.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg and roll in panko before placing on rack. Repeat until tray is full.
- Bake about 15 minutes, turning chicken halfway.
View the Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes. For the most recent vegetarian recipes posted on the blog, go here. To view all the recipes post on the blog, go here.