CVS/pharmacy coupons (ExtraBucks® Rewards and ExtraCare® Coupons) and Third Party
Manufacturer Coupons are accepted in our retail stores in accordance with the following
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept expired coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept third party manufacturers’ coupons with another retailer’s logo
- Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
- Third Party Manufacturer coupons are issued by a third party and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price.
- CVS/pharmacy does not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
- CVS/pharmacy only accepts ExtraBucks Rewards applicable to the ExtraCare card offered at time of purchase.
- CVS/pharmacy does not currently accept coupon bar code images displayed on a Smartphone, iPhone, Droid etc.
- The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
- Certain CVS/pharmacy coupons may be subject to state sales tax rules similar to Third Party Manufacturer Coupons and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price
- Language at the bottom of CVS/pharmacy coupons provides specific coupon acceptance rules.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines may be accepted at the discretion of CVS management
- CVS/pharmacy will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept percent off coupons for an item that is on sale.
- In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS/pharmacy will only accept the coupon only to the price of the item. CVS/pharmacy does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) per item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- There is no limit to the number of ExtraBucks Rewards that may be used in a transaction as long as it does not exceed the transaction total.
- The number of manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
- CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
- CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple Dollar off Transaction coupons (e.g. $3 off $15) in one transaction if they apply
- Ex. Customer may use two 3 off $15 coupons if they are purchasing over $30.00
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offer, if required by applicable state laws.
Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total
- Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos; customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax.
Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. Customers are responsible for paying applicable tax
- Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- CVS/pharmacy accepts internet/print at home coupons that include a barcode.
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept reproductions or rebates
I’d suggest keeping this in your coupon binder just in case you run into any issues. Check out the Weekly CVS Deals for more ways to save!