These DIY Princess Party Crayons are a great way to reuse broken and leftover crayons. They make fun gift ideas and party favors for a princess themed party.
The amount of crayons you need will depend on the number of crayons you are creating. For the donut shaped crayons you see here, we used about 2 standard sized crayons per donut. If you don’t have a donut pan, you can purchase one like this one – [easyazon_link identifier=”B004CYELOQ” locale=”US” tag=”barbri-20″]Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan[/easyazon_link].Print
DIY Princess Party Crayons
- Purple and pink crayons
- Muffin or donut tin
- Non stick cooking spray
- Begin by breaking each crayon in half. This will make peeling the paper off easier.
- Remove the paper wrapping from the crayons. Make sure they are completely cleaned off and free from all wrapping and wrapping residue.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray the inside of your donut or muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- While the oven preheats, begin breaking your crayons up into smaller segments. You should be able to get about 4-5 segments per crayon stick.
- Drop the segments into the donut or muffin tin. You want to create one layer with the crayon bits. For thicker crayons, add an additional layer.
- Heat in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 minutes or until liquefied. Carefully remove and allow to cool.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help loosen them from the tin. Gently turn the tin over to release the crayons.
- Wipe away any non stick oil residue with a damp cloth. Your crayons are now ready to be enjoyed!
Did you enjoy this post? Find more money saving tips here.