Quick–which do you like better? S’mores or Rice Krispie Treats? Don’t worry if you’re having a hard time deciding–now you can have both! These S’Mores Krispie Treats combines your favorite Rice Krispie Treats cereal with the taste of your favorite classic S’mores recipes for a yummy summertime treat that you and your family are sure to love.
Plus, if no one in your family has a nut allergies (or perhaps if they do and you don’t want to share!), you can even add peanut butter for a rich and decadent taste that is truly out of this world. If you’ve never had a Peanut Butter S’More Rice Krispie Treat, you don’t know what you’re missing out on!
As a fair warning, this recipe does require a bit of hands on work. You do have to cook it a little at a time, slowly adding additional ingredients. Let me assure you, though, these S’Mores Krispie Treats are worth the effort! The end result is phenomenal. I just didn’t want you to start it right before you had to head out the door for your family get together.
There are times when a simply, easy snack will do and then there are times when you want something amazing, rich and flavorful. If you’re craving something rich and satisfying, I would recommend these S’Mores Krispie Treats for sure!
- Graham Crackers
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 8 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Dark Chocolate Candy Bar (about 2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange graham crackers to cover bottom of pan.
- Crush up a couple of additional crackers and sprinkle over crackers to cover seams.
- Drizzle with along 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover graham cracker base with 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add melted butter to a pan over medium heat.
- Add 5 oz of marshmallows to pan and stir constantly until melted.
- Add cereal and continute stirrring until well mixed.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Grease hands by rubbing with butter.
- Gently place krispie mixture over chocolate layer only pressing slightly when necessary.
- Cover krispie layer with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Cover chips with a layer of mini marshmallows.
- Place pan in broiler on low for a few moments to lightly brown marshmallows (watch closely).
- Top with broken pieces of chocolate bar for garnish.
- Cut into squares to serve.