I love fresh mozzarella, rice, and basil (especially fresh basil from my garden)! Why not add them altogether. This is a delicious cold rice salad and makes for a nice side dish or a even a meal. It’s also great with the Priano Fresh Mozzarella that Aldi has in stores right now for a budget meal that looks gourmet. I used my rice cooker for this recipe and it turned out great. You don’t have to have a rice cooker, just cook the rice per the directions on the bag in a pot.
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Put rice and water in the cooking pot of your rice cooker. Put applicable amount of water in your rice cooker.
- When rice is cooked, add remaining ingredients and toss to combine