I’ve been borrowing my friend’s breadmaker and she’s probably wanting it back by now! We LOVED the Honey Oatmeal Bread that is almost straight out of the instruction booklet. Freshly homemade bread is the absolute best. It’s so simple to make but I’m still on the fence if I want to spend the money for one. I’ve had several offers from family to give me their breadmakers so I may just keep borrowing them! I really just wish I had more space on my kitchen counters for all the appliances I love using!
The recipe below makes a a 1 1/2 pound loaf.Print
- 8 ounces water (80–90 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour (I like the King Arthur’s Unbleached Bread Flour)
- 1 cup oats, quick or old fashioned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fast rise yeast (or use 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast)
- Add liquid ingredients to bread pan.
- Add dry ingredients except yeast.
- Tap pan.
- Place butter in the corners.
- Add yeast in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Start breadmaker!
Enjoy this bread for sandwiches or enjoy with dinner!