Wish you could get your family to eat healthier, but your kids won’t touch anything other than chicken nuggets, hot dogs or mac and cheese? If so, don’t give up hope just yet. This spinach and artichoke pasta is not only completely delicious, but it looks similar enough to the familiar macaroni and cheese that you may just be able to convince your family to try it.
Don’t tell your family that this is a spinach artichoke dip pasta–just tell them that it’s a new kind of noodle that is really yummy. You can even go a little light on the spinach the first time you make this spinach pasta recipe and gradually increase from there.
Of course, if you’re feeding a more mature audience, you’re in luck! This creamy and savory spinach artichoke dip pasta is absolutely delicious and simply packed with nutrition you may be lacking. After all, how many of us eat artichokes on a regular basis? This spinach pasta recipe is the perfect excuse to try something new and to add a little variety into your diet.
Plus, you’ll love how simple and quick this spinach and artichoke pasta recipe is to make. Simply add the ingredients in a few at a time and stir every so often so that everything mixes together well. Great taste doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. With fun pasta, creamy cheese, nutritious spinach and artichokes and savory garlic, this is one spinach pasta recipe you’ll want to serve again and again!
- 8 ounces of pasta (I used penne and rotini)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (or almond milk like I used)
- 4 ounce cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 14 ounce artichoke hearts, coarsley chopped
- 8 ounce spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta per directions.
- Melt butter, add garlic and cook for about a minute. Sprinkle in flour and cook for a few more minutes while stirring. Add milk and stir until it thickens up. Should just be a couple of minutes.
- Add cheeses and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add artichokes and spinach.
- Cook until spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This post is linked up at some great Linky Parties! Check out the list of Linky Parties here.