Have you made any Christmas dessert recipes with your children yet this year? If not, this Oreo Strawberry Santa Hats recipe is the perfect one to try! Whether your kids are very little or almost grown, they will have a blast helping you assemble (and devour!) these adorable Oreo Strawberry Santa Hats.
Like all Oreo desserts, this one really brings the flavor. Unlike other Oreo recipes, however, it isn’t at all time consuming or complicated to make. If you’re really pressed for time, just substitute the homemade frosting for store bought. It won’t taste quite as good and it will be a little less healthy, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get things done in a hurry!
Otherwise, if you have an afternoon free to make delicious Christmas desserts, why not grab the kids and go all out? Even children as young as one or two can help by placing the strawberries on the cookies, though you’ll have to do the mixing yourself if your children are still little.
Whether you are making treats to bring to a holiday get-together, to share at a child’s class party or just to keep at home and eat yourself, these Oreo Strawberry Santa Hats sure do hit the spot. Be sure to make plenty–they are sure to go fast!
- 1 lb Strawberries
- About 12 Oreo Cookies
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Wash and remove hulls from strawberries and place on paper towel to dry.
- After drying place in freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag and clip corner to pipe.
- Pipe a circle on top of the Oreo to hold strawberry in place and to make "fur" ring.
- Gently press strawberry into icing.
- Pipe a fur ball on the tip of the strawberry.