A soft strand of lights can really add some holiday glow to your home. Luckily, you don’t have to just settle for a boring strand when you give this Dollar Store DIY a try. With just a few Dollar Tree supplies, you can make your own strand of Pumpkin Lights ready to add some sparkle and shine to your home. Take a look below at how easy it is to make your own.
- Package of orange Halloween Straws w/ Pumpkins
- 1 strand of orange twinkle lights
That’s it! When is the last time you did a craft that is only needed a handful of supplies such as this one? Dollar Tree sells all of the items listed above and you can find them in the holiday and crafting aisles.
- First, unwrap your straws. You will notice each one has a plastic pumpkin detail attached.
- Cut the straw to remove the pumpkin detailing. You can set the straws aside for use later as they are still perfectly good!
- Open your strand of orange twinkle lights and lay them flat.
- You will notice how nicely the pumpkin lights fit over the bulbs on the twinkle light strand. Simply slide the pumpkins over each light.
- If the pumpkins are sliding off, stuff more cord into them to secure them.
Can you believe how easy that was? Now all you need to do is plug the strand in and you are all set! Instead of boring orange lights, you now have glowing pumpkin lights ready to kick the Halloween season off right!
Head to your local Dollar Tree and give this easy and inexpensive DIY project a try. Kids will enjoy this project just as much as adults, so invite them to help as you continue to get your home spooky for the holiday.
For just pennies, you can really dress up a boring strand of lights and turn them into something spooky and new. Give this Dollar Store DIY a try and see what you can come up with!
View our past DIY Halloween Craft posts.
Did you enjoy this post? Find more money saving tips here.