This post is a sponsored post by Aidells® and that all text and opinions are my own.
Spring is finally here and I’m so excited. I’m always looking for ways to incorporate healthy eating into my family’s life. You would think that the older you get, the easier healthy eating gets, but this is not the case. In fact, healthy eating doesn’t look the same for my family every day. Some days, I have to think hard about what healthy meals I will make for my family. Here are my tips for healthier eating this spring.
Tips for Eating Healthier This Spring
Go Easy on Yourself- You are only human, so one of my tips for eating healthier this spring is to go easy on myself. If I mess up, I will do better for the next meal. Beating myself up over eating a piece of chocolate isn’t going to make me feel better, only worse. Can you relate?
Get My Family Involved- Since I’m notorious for running out of ideas, it’s super important to get my family involved. By getting my family involved in our healthy eating decisions, we all have more power over our meals. And we have less excuses to not eat healthier this spring.
Use Aidells® sausage links– You got that right! One of our favorite ways to eat healthier this spring is to use Aidells® sausage links. One of my favorite meals to make with this sausage is Jambalaya, using Aidells® Cajun Style Andouille sausage. I’m going to share the recipe with you in a minute, but it is amazing. A few things you should know about Aidells® sausage links is that gluten free, doesn’t have nitrates, and no added hormones.
Two other things you should know about these sausage links is that—
- All sausages are hand-crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients in small batches with care
- Fully cooked and ready in just 8-10 minutes: sauté or grill over medium heat or bake at 375
I buy our Aidells® sausage links at Meijer. On 5/1/16, you can go into Meijer and try Aidells® sausage links! Check out your mPerks for a $1/1 coupon running from 5/1 to 5/28. I love in store demos, a perfect time to taste a new product. You may see me at my local Meijer on 5/1 just because Aidells® is that good!
- Aidells® Cajun Style Andouille, 12 oz package, cut into slices
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Saute sausage, green pepper, and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to 2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.