This is a great way to spice up your rice side dish. Add more or less red pepper flakes to taste. My husband thought I should have added more to my dish as it wasn’t very spicy at all. I’ve over spiced recipes before so I didn’t want to take that risk again and decided to just sprinkle the red pepper flakes in the dish instead of measuring it out. Next time I will add a little more red pepper flakes. I also already had all the pantry ingredients and was looking for a way to use my Priano Marinated Red Peppers from Aldi.
Actually, my entire recipe was made from Aldi ingredients, which helps me save money without sacrificing quality. Read more about the Top 10 Reasons I Love to Shop at Aldi. I also love this recipe because it took very little additional time to make. I omitted the onion due to my family’s taste preference (which is the nice way to say they are picky eaters!) I really love that Aldi has instant brown rice because I can whip up a rice dish in 5 minutes! This one did take about 10 minutes because I cooked a few things before adding in the rice. Also, I used Aldi’s vegetable stock but you can easily use your own homemade version to save even more.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (or use ½ jar of Priano Marinated Red Pepper, diced)
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic from jar
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in pot.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red pepper and baby spinach.
- Cook for additional 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Stir in rice.
- Add vegetable stock, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and boil under liquid is absorbed, which is 8-10 minutes
I would have been happy for this one as my entire meal. I had already planned the other parts of the meal which include asparagus and Biotrue Challenge Sweepstakes. They look like read chicken tenders, don’t they? My daughter also made us Homemade Honey Mustard. I’ll be sharing her recipe soon!